Cocktails were made by Zachary Heathman, bar manager at BarVino, 204 E. High St.
• 2 oz. Buffalo Trace whiskey (though any Kentucky-style bourbon would suffice)
• 1/2 ounce cranberry simple syrup (cranberry juice, sugar and hot water)
• 1/2 ounce walnut liqueur
1. Ingredients are stirred together and served over ice.
2. It’s garnished with a fig and orange peel.
• 2 oz. double shot of espresso (BarVino uses a Starbucks can)
• 1 oz. Kahlúa
• 1.5 oz. vodka (BarVino uses Wheatley)
1. Chill martini glass: Fill glass with ice and water, set aside while shaking cocktail.
2. Add all ingredients and ice to cocktail shaker. Shake.
3. Remove ice water from glass, and strain cocktail into glass.
5. Pro tip: Garnish with chocolate-covered espresso bean. It will sink to the bottom and offer a tasty alcohol-soaked treat at the end of the drink.
• 2 oz. amaretto (BarVino uses Disaronno)
• 1 oz. Jim Beam Orange (or other orange-flavored whiskey)
• 1/2 oz. simple syrup (equal parts sugar and hot water mixed together)
• 1/2 oz. lemon juice
• 1/2 oz. egg whites
1. Chill martini or coup glass: Fill glass with ice and water, set aside while shaking cocktail.
2. Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker. Shake.
3. Add ice to shaker and shake a second time. Pro tip: Shaking cocktails with egg whites without ice first will help create the frothy head to the finished drink.
4. Remove ice water from glass, and strain cocktail into glass.
5. Garnish with orange peel.