Enjoy extra fun facts about Cold Stone Creamery in Jefferson City in this special online article.
Check out additional photos from HER Magazine staff’s visit to Cold Stone Creamery for the July/August 2017 article “We All Scream for Ice Cream,” including scenes from the feature’s introduction page.
Cold Stone Creamery Fun Facts
• Donald and Susan Sutherland founded Cold Stone Creamery after “scouring the world in search of the perfect ice cream,” according to the company’s website. After finding not all ice cream is created equal, they decided to pursue their own “ice cream dream” in 1988 and opened the first Cold Stone Creamery in Tempe, Arizona.
• Every ice cream served at Cold Stone Creamery is known as a Creation, which is a trademarked term for the “super premium” ice cream.
• Buddy Scott, owner of the Jefferson City Cold Stone Creamery, was a builder before deciding to purchase a locally owned and operated franchise of the national business. His wife, Jaime, had worked for the State of Missouri.
• Scott joked that the restaurant’s legendary singing customers’ praises for tips and throwing ice cream, “is one any 16 year old should run. … It just never worked out that way.”
• Waffle cones, waffle bowls, caramel apples and more are made in-house daily at the local Cold Stone Creamery.
• Cold Stone Creamery caters events and offers a variety of delicious treats to take home, including ice cream cakes (signature, birthday, custom and others), ice cream cookie sandwiches and even ice cream cupcakes, just to name a few.
• The local Cold Stone Creamery gives back to the local community. Scott said since Jaime passed away after a battle with brain cancer, he and his staff regularly participate and contribute to Relay For Life and support cancer-related fundraisers and research organizations.
• Cold Stone Creamery aptly calls a customer’s visit to indulge in delicious dessert a 10-minute vacation.
Cold Stone Creamery is located at 610 Wildwood Dr. For more information, call 573-636-2653 or visit ColdStoneCreamery.com.