Check out the rest of her handmade goods at www.facebook.com/jamiedrakephs
• Old Picnic Basket • Spray Paint • Masking tape • Light batting • Spray adhesive • E6000 glue • 1 ½ yards fabric • Sewing machine with basic sewing skills • Notions such as appliqués, buttons, lace • Scissors
2. With masking tape cover all parts you do not want spray paint on like closures.
3. If you have a design on your picnic basket you may want to spray a primer on first.
5. Once paint is dry remove the masking tape.
6. Use the lining pieces as patterns to cut out new lining pieces (don’t forget the seam allowance)
7. Sew new lining with your sewing machine.
8. Using spary adhesive replace the batting on the inside of the basket. Don’t worry if it’s kinda of ugly it will be covered.
9. Reattach lining with E6000 glue tucking it up under the rim of the basket.
10. Add lace, buttons, appliqués to your basket
Now pack a fabulous lunch and head to the park.
Photo By Accashia Thomas