Step-by-step instructions to make “Bee Mine” Valentine cookies:
Project courtesy of Frosted Art; photos by Anthony Roderman.
• Bee stamp
• Honeycomb stencil
• Decorating bag
• #1 and #2 decorating tips
• Fine tip paint brush
• Flat tip paint brush
• Small sponge (used a small makeup sponge)
• White fondant
• Black royal icing of a stiff consistency
• Brown food coloring
• Gold food coloring
• Black gel food coloring
• Corn syrup
• After you have baked your heart shaped cookie from your favorite sugar recipe let it cool completely.
• Roll out white fondant very thin and cut out heart shape with cookie cutter. (Use your favorite fondant recipe.)
1. Brush corn syrup on cookie and apply fondant to cookie
2. Place honeycomb stencil on cookie and blot mix of brown food coloring and vodka to cookie with sponge.
3. With wide flat brush apply gold food coloring to edges feathering inward.
4. Apply black gel food coloring to stamp with flat brush and stamp cookie with firm pressure.
5. With fine tip brush outline bee with gold & black food coloring to make it “pop”.
6. With #2 decorating tip and black royal icing write MINE in the left edge of cookie, outline cookie edge and place dots outlining cookie.
7. With #1 decorating tip and royal icing create bee’s path from bee body to tip of the M in MINE.
8. Let dry for 8 hours.